Visiting your internist for the first time might be intimidating and stressful, especially if you are unprepared. During your first consultation with your internist there are many factors of your health care that should be discussed. Therefore, it is important to be diligent in preparing for your first appointment to ensure that your expectations are met.
Today, we will be listing the things to expect during your first appointment with your internist in Raleigh. This will prepare you and give you an overview of what is likely to occur during your first visit.
What to expect from your internist
An internist specializes in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases that affect adults. They emphasize providing care and making use of the best medical treatment options available. During your initial visit with your doctor, you can expect your Internist in Raleigh to give you:
- Enough time to be listened to about your health issues
- Ample time to discuss and ask questions regarding your health concerns
- Comprehensive explanation about the status of your health
- Assistance in making decisions about your health needs
- Absolute confidentiality
- Appropriate referrals
- A set appointment to discuss some treatment options that will best work for you, followed with appropriate recommendations
The process depends on the severity of your medical issues, but a typical evaluation process at Schneider medical group takes 4-7 working days. The health care team will set an appointment based on the time most convenient for you. Here’s an overview of the evaluation process:
- Pre-appointment to review your medical information. The information will be based on the information provided by you or your primary health care provider. Our health care team may preschedule tests and appointments.
- Initial Appointment. During the initial appointment your internist may conduct an evaluation, including a physical exam.
- Appointments with other doctors. After your initial appointment your internist may recommend you to see other specialist for additional tests or consultations.
- Return appointment. After the initial process is done your doctor will assess the results of the tests and evaluations, this may be your final appointment. Further appointment will be made if necessary.
- Documentation. We will then send you a summary of your results. We recommend you share it with your primary health care provider.
After the appointment
Your primary health care provider will be responsible for overseeing your continuous care and replenishing your prescriptions after you return home. Your primary doctor may advise you to have an appointment with our internist to further discuss ongoing treatment options, if necessary.
Our internist in Raleigh is highly trained in diagnosis, treatment and providing compassionate care for adults that are affected by complex health issues. If you are looking for an internist, set an appointment and we will be glad to assist you.
The material contained on this site is for informational purposes only and DOES NOT CONSTITUTE THE PROVIDING OF MEDICAL ADVICE, and is not intended to be a substitute for independent professional medical judgment, advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your health