Schneider Medical Group, PA
Internists & Integrative Medicine Doctors located in Raleigh, NC
Raleigh, North Carolina, office, including personalized services for
diagnosing and treating both acute and chronic medical conditions. Dr.
Schneider emphasizes internal and integrative medicine, taking a total
approach to health and wellness. Managing a chronic illness requires
specialized care and personalized attention. Contact Schneider Medical
Group today to learn more about her primary care practice.
What is Integrative Medicine?
“Integrative Medicine (IM) is healing-oriented medicine that takes account of the whole person, including all aspects of lifestyle. It emphasizes the therapeutic relationship between practitioner and patient, is informed by evidence, and makes use of all appropriate therapies.” – Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine.
It is an approach to care that puts YOU at the center and addresses the full range of physical, emotional, mental, social, spiritual and environmental influences that affect a person’s health.
A combination of proven therapies is used, both traditional Western and alternatives. Integrative medicine is not the same as alternative medicine, which refers to an approach to healing that is utilized in place of conventional therapies, or complementary medicine, which refers to healing modalities that are used to complement allopathic approaches. If the defining principles are applied, care can be integrative regardless of which modalities are utilized.
What is an Integrative Medicine Physician?
An integrative medicine physician is a doctor who is practices integrative medicine, focusing on evidence-based healing sciences to facilitate the body’s innate healing response.
How is integrative medicine different?
- The patient and practitioner are partners in the healing process.
- All factors that influence health, wellness and disease are taken into consideration, including body, mind, spirit and community.
- Physicians use all evidence-based healing sciences to facilitate the body’s innate healing response.
- Effective interventions that are natural and less invasive are used whenever possible.
- Good medicine is based in good science. It is inquiry driven and open to new paradigms.
- Alongside the concept of treatment, the broader concepts of health promotion and the prevention of illness are paramount.
- The care is personalized to best address the individual’s unique conditions, needs and circumstances. Practitioners of integrative medicine exemplify its principles and commit themselves to self-exploration and self-development.
About Integrative Medicine at Schneider Medical Group
Dr. Inaam & Richard Schneider are both fellowship trained through Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine – one of the foremost institutes in the country. Utilizing their experience, every patient interaction is rooted in evidence-based medicine and compassionate care based on the principles below.